Arrival from the airport to the hotel / departure from the hotel to the airport
- Public transportation – 780 and 783 Express lines: http://www.stbsa.ro/mobile/eng/expres_en.php.
- Ride-sharing options are also available, with Bolt, Clever Taxi and Uber being the main providers of this service.
- There are several touch screen terminals for taxi requests in the airport, were one can place an order for a taxi. Without prior request, you can find a licensed taxi situated in one of the taxi stations located at the exit of the terminal, which take passengers in order of arrival. Note that approaching customers both by taxi drivers and by middlemen is sanctioned by taxi
law (Law 38/2003). The Transport Police (phone number: +4021 201 3242) deals with any violation of the aforementioned law. The fares of licensed taxis vary from RON 1.39/km and RON 3.5/km.
Transport and hotels in Bucharest
Bucharest is the capital of Romania and is the most populated city and the most important industrial and commercial centre of the country. If you want to travel or commute in Bucharest you have the following options:
- Bucharest Metro: http://www.metrorex.ro/first_page_p1352-2. On their website you can make a route simulation.
- STB SA: http://www.stbsa.ro/mobile/eng/v_trasee.php
- Taxi companies (only registered firms such as CRISTAXI, , MERIDIAN, SPEED TAXI and COBALCESCU should be considered)
There is the also the possibility of doing the city tour of Bucharest by double-decker (for further information, please check http://bucharestcitytour.ratb.ro/).
Hotel recommendations might be:
- JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel – Calea 13 Septembrie 90, www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/buhro-jw-marriott-bucharest-grand-hotel/
- Athenee Palace Hilton – Str. Episcopiei, nr. 1-3, www.hiltonbucharest.com
- Crowne Plaza Bucharest – B-dul Poligrafiei 1, www.crowneplaza.com/bucharest
- Epoque – Str. Intrarea Aurora 17C, www.hotelepoque.ro
- Grand Hotel Continental – Calea Victoriei 56, www.grandhotelcontinental.ro
- Intercontinental – B-dul Nicolae Bălcescu 2-4, www.intercontinental.com/bucharest
- Novotel Bucharest City Centre – Calea Victoriei 37B, Universitate, www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-5558-novotel-bucharest-city-centre/index.shtml
- Pullman Bucharest World Trade Center – P-ta Montreal 10, www.pullman-hotels.com
- Radisson Blu – Calea Victoriei 63-81, www.radissonblu.com/hotel-bucharest
- Cismigiu – B-dul Regina Elisabeta 38, www.hotelcismigiu.ro
- Ramada Bucharest Park – B-dul Poligrafiei 3-5, www.ramadabucharestparc.ro
- Capital Plaza – B-dul Iancu de Hunedoara 54, www.capitalplaza.ro
- Opera – Str. Ion Brezoianu 37, www.thhotels.ro
- Caro – B-dul Barbu Văcărescu 164A, www.carohotel.ro
- Ibis Palatul Parlamentului – Str. Izvor 82-84, www.ibishotels.ro
- Minerva – Str. Gheorghe Manu 2-4, www.minerva.ro
- Rembrandt – Str. Smardan 11, www.rembrandt.ro
Souvenirs, attractions and restaurants in Bucharest
- for souvenirs we recommend you Librăria Papirus and Cărturești book stores, both located on the Gheorghe Magheru Boulevard, nearby the location of the hotel;
- top ten tourist attractions: Calea Victoriei Boulevard, the Old Town, the National Peasant Museum, the Village Museum, the House of Parliament, the Royal Palace/the Romanian National Museum of Art, the Romanian Athenaeum, the CEC Palace, the National History Museum, Stavropoleos Church;
- there is also the possibility of doing the city tour of Bucharest by double-decker (for further information, please check http://bucharestcitytour.ratb.ro/).
Foreign currencies may be exchanged at banks or authorized exchange offices (called: “casa de schimb” or “birou de schimb valutar”). International airports and larger hotels also offer currency exchange services. Current exchange rate for main foreign currencies is available on the website of the National Bank of Romania. Romania’s currency (Lei, abbreviated RON) is not readily available abroad. If you do not wish to keep your leftover Romanian Lei please make sure that, before leaving Romania, you have converted them into the currency of your choice.
- places to eat: Caru cu Bere, Tratoria Il Calcio, The Embassy, La Plăcinte, Pizza Hut, Benihana, Trattoria Il Calcio Amzei, La Mama, The Harbour.